Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peer Pressure Made Me Do It

Last night I reached another goal: running around Lake Calhoun (5k) without stopping! I have no idea of my time per mile, but I kept a constant pace and finished strong. But I didn't do it alone! I can attribute much of this success to my friend, Rachael. We ran around the lake together, and running with her forced me to keep a steady pace and to continue going when I really felt like stopping. If I had been alone, I likely would have stopped to walk at least once. Thanks, friend! For the first time I see the benefits of having a running buddy, and I hope that we can go running together often.

Today's lesson: peer pressure can be a good thing!

In other news, I saw the homeless clown on Nicollet Mall again yesterday, but he wasn't assaulting anyone this time. Keep on the path of straight and narrow clownman.

No comments:

Post a Comment