Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Triathlete Magazine

Before I flew to Seattle, I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought this magazine to read on the plane. I have to admit, its pretty cool that there is a magazine (and this isn't the only one) dedicated to triathletes. The magazine makes triathlons seem more like a sport and less like an activity for exercise affectionados.

What isn't cool is that fact that halfway through reading, I had a minor panic attack about owning a bicycle that costs less than $4,000. Umm, I know Golden Eagle Jr. (my bike) isn't the flashiest piece in the pan, but it is still solid gold in my book! I'm committed to competing in my first triathlon on Golden Eagle Jr. for two reasons:

1. I'm too poor to buy a new bicycle
2. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a new bicycle if I end up hating this race - better to wait until after August 22nd to make this decision

But, I will be investing in some new gear for the triathlon. I've already purchased a pair of tri-shorts (awesome deal on Bonktown.com), and I'm planning on purchasing a tri-top at REI this weekend with my rebate check and 20% off members-only coupon.
Holla! Members of REI say whatttt to savings!

In the meantime, its back to the library to check out some triathlon books and read more about brick workouts that were hinted at in Triathlete. Overall, I thought this was a nice magazine, but I won't be purchasing the May issue because it is written for a far more advanced athlete than I.

Oh, and it rained today so I still haven't had a chance to test out my new ipod on a run. Blue skies tomorrow? Check back tomorrow, Mum fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment