Monday, April 12, 2010

Today's Run From Hell and Sibling Love


Today I remembered how much I actually hate running. I hate it. It sucked. And I need to remember to drink more water before I start running. Finishing the loop around Lake Calhoun was agonizing.

So instead of talking about that, let's look at this picture of my brother and laugh...

He told me I should make sure to talk about him more on this blog since he loves to work out and considers himself to be my fitness role model. He came to visit me in March, when I had just decided to enter the triathlon. We went running together a few times and my ability to keep up with him was laughable. At one point, he ran ahead of me for a mile, yelling over his shoulder, "Don't stop running until I come back for you!" The first time I made it around Lake of the Isles without stopping, I called him immediately after so he could tell me "congratulations." It would be really great if he lived here so I could have a steady running partner, but alas, I have to suffice with calling him instead to report on my workout schedule.

So here's to Chauncey - my goofy inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. While I enjoy being talked about, that picture is disgusting...

    ReplyDelete