Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was packed full of activities, but between studying and some socializing, I also managed to get in some great workouts.

Saturday morning, I woke up at 7:30 to go to the gym. In doing so, I conceded to myself that I was totally insane, because no sane person would wake up that early on a Saturday to work out. Or so I thought until I got to the gym. The parking lot was PACKED. Who are these people? I had a nice 2 mile run, watched some of The Hills re-runs, and then wrapped it up with some weights. After swimming the other day, I thought I should probably lift some weights to build muscle in my arms because they were dragging by the end of my laps. I wish there was a girls only weights section though, so I didn't feel like such a dweeb with my 15 pound weights next to the guy on 'roids throwing down his barbell yelling "rarrr!" Again, at 8 am. Chill, dude. Roid rage is so 2001.

Today, I first spent an hour on my own attempting to install my bicycle computer that I bought a year ago to track my speed and cadence. After numerous failed attempts, I remembered why I had put off installing the computer so many times. I called my friend, Lee, bicycle extraordinaire, who came over and helped me finish the job. A dozen zip-ties later, I had all the sensors hooked up to my bike and was off on a 20 mile bike ride to Hopkins, MN and back. The bike computer definitely made me work harder on the ride as I struggled to maintain a constant RPM (revolutions per minute) on flat surfaces and inclines alike. It was a chilly day, but the ride was great, and I'm looking forward to more long bike rides as my training progresses.

p.s. Kerri Strug got married this weekend! Childhood flashback right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment