Saturday, April 17, 2010

Investments

I took two major steps in my triathlon training this weekend: I bought a new swimsuit, and I signed up for a YMCA membership. Both ended up being more expensive than I initially expected, but I have been putting off both for too long already. Having signed up for the gym this morning, I lost no time in taking advantage of my membership, and I headed over to swim some laps this afternoon.

I've already mentioned that I consider myself a decent swimmer, having been a lifeguard and such, but in reality, I haven't swam laps in years. And today was proof of that. Even though I looked pretty awesome in my sweet reversible swimsuit out of the water, once I was in, and after 8 laps, I looked sloppy. I continued swimming for about 20 minutes, switching to backstroke once I was tired, but this workout totally kicked my butt.

On the plus side, my new swimsuit felt SO much better than the old, half deteriorating one from high school that I randomly used for laps last summer. Satisfied customer, right here!

The next time I swim, I need to calculate how many laps = half a mile. Right now, I'm really thankful that I still have 126 days to prepare for this race, because I am no where near ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment