Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ipod Shuffle Takes Her First Bike Trip

My new neighborhood poses a difficult problem of not having a direct bus route from my apartment to school on the weekends. Rather than drive and pay for parking, which is #1 on things I hate to pay for (#2 is shipping and handling and #3 is sales tax on clothing, just in case you were wondering), I decided to bike. My ride is a mile longer now, which makes it a 12 mile round trip ride. Luckily the weather was beautiful yesterday, so I packed up my panniers and headed towards the Greenway!

Normally I don't listen to music while bicycling, because I want to be aware of cars, other cyclists, potential homeland security threats, etc. But I always take an ipod when riding on the Greenway, because the paths are wide and free from obstructions. Cyclists and walkers alike also tend to be a lot more considerate on the Greenway as opposed to the Grand Rounds.

The new ipod was perfect! My workout music selection is pretty awesome and I pushed myself faster with every beat. My goal is to bike to class one day a week, and it looks like Thursday might be my lucky day this week. Now if the rain can just hold off so I can go jogging tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment