Sunday, April 18, 2010

Treadmill Turnaround

Day 2 of gym membership: I went to the gym today with full intentions of running and then doing a fitness yoga class. But then I discovered something. I can run faster on the treadmill than outdoors.

Try this equation on for size.

Lack of wind + lack of french bulldogs for me to covet = faster running times! Amazing!

I pushed myself at the end of my two miles and sprinted the final quarter mile, which felt really good. Then I still had 45 minutes until yoga...hmm. So I did some leg press machines, drank more water, considered doing the elliptical, and then I still had 30 minutes to wait. So I went home instead. I just felt too bad about wasting another half hour before the hour class when I still have loads to do before school tomorrow. At least I know now to give myself less time to run before a class. I'm excited to try out a spin class this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment