Friday, April 9, 2010

"For someone who hates running, you sure run a lot."

The title of this post pretty much sums up my run last night. I ran around Lake Calhoun with Jihone and really hated the experience. I don't know if I was tired from running a little longer the day before or what, but around the halfway point, every part of me was thinking "screw this."

This is where it was really helpful to be running with a friend. It forced me to continue running for two reasons:
1. I didn't want to ruin his workout by making us stop
2. I didn't want to look like a fat baby who couldn't finish something she easily did yesterday

So yes, I finished the run, yelled "thank god" and went home to eat some peanut m&ms.

Today is an off day. No, this has nothing to do with a training regiment, which I still have to create btw. It's simply because I don't have enough time in the day. Between work, networking, and oh yeah, the PARTY BUS I'm going on tonight for a friend's birthday, working out isn't making the schedule today.

Check back tomorrow when I attempt to run and then attend a 90 minute hot yoga session at Core Power. Hopefully some of the hippies decide to wear deodorant this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment