Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Question of the Day

Hello, readers! Here is my question: do your hands ever swell when you are running? If so, what do you do to prevent or alleviate this?

I had this problem today when I was running around Lake Calhoun. It doesn't happen to me every time I run, but frequently enough that it is annoying. This has also happened to me when I have been hiking, but I cured the problem by using hiking poles, and I think the constant motion of my arms makes the blood flow better. What should I do when running? Move my arms more? Higher? Lower?

My run was pretty uneventful other than that it was the first time I have run with my new ipod. It worked marvelously, and I'm really happy with my purchase! I was feeling pretty good (and listening to Lets Get Loud!) at the beginning of my run, so I increased my speed. Suddenly, augh! stomach cramp, and I had to slow down to a jog. Maybe I'll be able to run a little faster tomorrow.

One more thought: can training for a triathlon give me a body like J-Lo?

No comments:

Post a Comment