Monday, March 29, 2010

Cemetaries, Lakes, and Clowns

The perils of moving apartments include learning the buses that stop near your new apartment. In my haste to get home last night after eating free Punch Pizza, I boarded the wrong bus and wound up by the ghetto Kmart near midtown. Umm what. The letters after the numbers on the bus line actually mean something? Next time a friend offers me a ride, I'll swallow any guilt I have towards wasting their time and accept the offer. Fast forward an hour later, after taking another bus and walking over a mile, I finally arrive at my doorstep. The entire walk home, I had been attempting to convince myself that my walk constituted exercise, which meant I wouldn't have to go running later. Well, guess what, evil part of my brain, NOT THIS TIME. I put on my running shorts and headed out the door.

The next challenge involved in living in a new place: not knowing a running route. I'm attempting to stick to my guns and not pay for internet, so without the aid of Google maps, I decided to run in the general direction towards Lake Calhoun and run for about 30 minutes.

The good news: I ran for 30 solid minutes and felt really good about it when I got home.

The bad news: I ran past a cemetery and saw way too many freshly dug graves. creepy!

Oh, yeah, and the bonus that I got for taking the wrong bus: I saw one homeless man dressed as a clown, slap another homeless man in a wheelchair across the face on Nicollet Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment