Thursday, March 25, 2010

Progress!

Who ran all the way around Lake of the Isles today without stopping? THIS GIRL!!!! yes! sweet, sweet victory! Prior to this date which will live in infamy, I had NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, completed an outdoor run without stopping or walking at least once. Not once! Unless, that is, if you count the times when I time myself runnig from my car to my apartment at night, but that's just basic survival skills training in case I'm being attacked by kidnappers, so I don't count that as exercise.

ANYWAY, It was a 2.74 mile run, which is just short of the 3 miles I'll need to run in the triathlon. This is by no means the end, but it is progress with a capital P. The craziest part of it all, is that afterward, I didn't contemplate killing myself. Yes, yes, that's right folks, I think *gasp* I am actually starting to enjoy exercising. Who knows what I'll start liking next - children? snakes? Taylor Swift? I'm loving this exercise high so much, I'm even considering running again tomorrow. That would make another first for me: working out two days in a row.

Now I'm off to the liquor store to buy a bottle of Belvedere to take to the Chelsea Handler book signing.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! Sooo incredibly happy for you!!!! And what better then to end the day by meeting Chelsea Handler and getting her signature. Again, so PROUD! :)

    ReplyDelete