Monday, June 21, 2010

REI Wonderful

So, as you might have inferred from my prior posts, I'm kinda obsessed with REI. Reasons why:
#1. Salespeople there are always nice to me (including the times when I have an attitude)
#2. Products are guaranteed for life
#3. They accept returns on anything
#4. The stores are pretty inside
#5. The stores are never crowded (even in MN, where people are actually willing to spend a lot of money on camping gear)
#6. Good Amazing sales (do I even need to tell you about the one time I got Uggs there for like $20?!)

Ok, those are just a few of the reasons that immediately came to mind. I bet that if I thought about it for a bit more, I could come up with even more reasons I <3 REI (like how the guys that work there are oh, so ruggedly handsome). But ANYWAY, the point of this ramble is that I returned my swimsuit and got a smaller size today. I'm not sure if my suit was no longer fitting well because it stretched, or because I lost weight, but you know what, I didn't even have to fully contemplate the "why" in this scenario, because REI takes back products, no matter what.

Oh, and what is that you say? The store didn't have a smaller size in stock? No problem! They ordered it for me, had it sent to the store, and then I show up a week later, give them the old suit, get a brand new one, and I'm on my way to the pool. Niiiiice! I'm happy to report the new swimsuit fits perfectly, and I had a great pool workout. This week's workouts are increasing again, so today I swam a total of 1,350 meters.

It felt really good to get in the pool and have a solid workout. I let my training fall by the wayside this past weekend and opted for nights out on the town, comedy shows, and beer festivals. But today was the first day of Week 5, and my excitement/anxiety about the race is beginning to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment