Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Final Stats

Vacation Sports posted the final times for the triathlon yesterday, and I was thrilled at the results of my first race! I met all of my goals (finishing; not finishing last; and not walking at all during the run portion), and when I came around the final turn towards the finish line, I thought I was going to die of happiness. Six months ago, I couldn't run a mile without stopping. To see hard work truly pay off in concrete results such as a race time is so gratifying.

My overall time was 1:31:19, and I finished:
  • 264 out of 476 total competitors (men and women) in the sprint distance. 
  • 79 out of 211 women
  • 12 out of 23 in my age group (women 20-24)
  • AND I had the third best bicycle time in my age group
It was such a great experience, and I can honestly say that every second of the time I was competing was enjoyable! I have already started looking at more triathlons, but one of the bad parts about living in Minnesota is that triathlon season is really only from May to September. At this point I am planning on competing in another sprint triathlon in spring 2011, and I'm going to aim for a specific time. In the meantime, I have to continue working out and maintaining the healthy habits I've picked up along the way. Second triathlon, here I come!

Hugs from the #1 fan!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I was just thinking I never asked if you accomplished your goal of not being last. It looks like you did very, very well. Not that I'm surprised after our climb to Mordor yesterday.

    ReplyDelete